Instagram is undoubtedly a mostly visual social media. However, those little captions under the pictures are essential in making a well rounded post and brand. Here are 5 tips to make sure that your caption brings your next Instagram post all together –
- Have a voice – The Instagram caption is a place where you can let your personality shine. Feel free to add a joke, be snarky, it’s up to you – as long as it follows your personal brand.
- Emoji with responsibility – If you use too many emoji’s, you will look like everyone’s Aunt Doris who tries to be “hip with the kids”. Sprinkle an emoji or two into a post – but do not over do it.
- Hashtags are friends! – Again, use them wisely. If you want a ton of hashtags, put it as another comment so Instagram will hide them. Hashtags are really a great way to reach out to new followers.
- Make your bio as pretty as your pictures – If your bio is just “Mary Rose. 22. STL.”, it doesn’t look that creative. Instead, try “Mary Rose // 22 years old // STL native” with a well placed emoji!
- Short. Shorter than a Tweet. – People are on Instagram to look at pictures. Your caption should compliment the picture, not be the main event.
Keep these tips in mind and your next picture should get a good amount of likes!